Saturday, February 18, 2012

Oops I did it again.....

I am back with some more refashions! I have been scrapping too, I just need to add a some finishing touches and take the photos for you so watch this space.My oops is that I have once again forgotten to take the before photos of my sewing escapades, but I have plenty of afters for you. My gorgeous niece was the recipient of these outfits once again. My own girls are asking me when I am going to sew for them again.

 

This dress and skirt started it's life as a ladies shirt, great fabric for kids I thought but way to busy on a ladies shirt for my liking. Now it looks like this.......


and this......








This next one was actually made from scratch using fabric from my stash that I am trying to work my way through. I am sure that many of you have a bottomless pile of fabrics that have been collected over many years. It is the same basic style as a pillowcase dress.


and this one was an actual pillow case with the addition of a fabric flower....



and last but not least, this little number made out of scraps, I love the combination of red and pink. I have used the same technique as with the above skirt but with a few extra rows of vertical stitching. I saw this on a girls dress with a $40 price tag and, as any dedicated crafter would, I said to myself "I could make that!"
All up I spent under $8 for everything you see here.

Thank you to my little model. I have to say though that I had forgotten how difficult it can be to photograph a two year old! I took over 100 photos to get these few lol.

Thanks for dropping by, hope to see you here again soon.

3 comments:

mommy Orkid Belle said...

First visit via Recycled Fashion. Those are just so adorable. I am excited to make cute clothes for my little girl. It's fun! :) Your little girl is a sweetie.

Adin B

Lisa said...

Thanks for stopping by Adin, I am loving the inspiration over at Recycled Fashion. Little girls are so much fun to sew for aren't they, you can do so much with not much fabric.

Lisa

t-shirts said...

Your passion for this topic shines throughout this article. I appreciate your writing as your insight has made me think a lot about your views.

t-shirts

Design team member for

Design team member for

Guests