Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My poor sewing machine has been very neglected this year but I have been sewing up a storm recently. A few friends and I have started up a regular sewing morning (only had two so far) with the hope that we will inspire each other to get creative and so far it has worked. I have had a pile of op shop and hand me down clothes waiting to be made into something new so that is where I started. BUT I forgot to take the before photos DOH! So here are the afters.
First up was a quick alteration to a size 10ish kids singlet top into a toddlers dress.




Next is cute little skirt made from a pillow case. I love that it had a different fabric on each side so that I could make it reversible and the cute yellow trim was already there too.
This purple dress was made from an off cut of fabric that I picked up from Resource Rescue for next to nothing.
 
A nightie using a printed panel that I also got from Resource Rescue.

This little red number was made from a ladies shirt.


And a pink knit tunic top/dress from a ladies top, I think I'll whip up a pair of stripey legging to go with this.

As well as satisfying my urge to create I have  recycled 6 items and I have my niece's Christmas present all sorted. All for less that $8, gotta love that.

No comments:

Design team member for

Design team member for

Guests